Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Ricotta and Zucchini Gnocchi

Here is my latest cookbook to review. I decided (since I had some ricotta and zucchini in the fridge) to make Gnocchi. I have been wanting to make Gnocchi at home for some time, so when I saw this recipe I went for it! I have to say, though it was messy, it was very easy. It would be a great recipe to get your kids into the kitchen!
It didn't take much in the way of tools. The tool you use the most are your hands. Just make sure you wash'em! :)
The flour, kosher salt, parmesan, ricotta, grated zucchini and an egg are formed into a dough (similar to making pasta).
Let the dough rest, then roll into thin logs. Cut them into one-inch dumplings.
Bring salted water to a violent boil, then cook them in batches until they float to the top! It only takes a couple of minutes per batch. Super simple.
Throw them in your favorite sauce! You could also saute them in some oil first for some tasty browning, or freeze some for a later use.
Yummeroonies!

No comments:

Post a Comment