Monday, January 3, 2011

Vacation, Part the Third

We moved on from Kentucky to Tennessee. The last time we went to Gatlinburg, I never saw a bear that was alive and roaming free. I was really hoping this time would be different.


I don't know what weird thing in me wants to be face-to-face with one, but I do. Mind, our faces need to be a hundred feet apart, but I really wanted to see one.


Colin is trying to oblige, but somehow it's not the same. Colin never has been able to look mean.







Look! Mountains!


Caves and rocky places!

Waterfalls!


We went on several hikes. Apparently, there were several bears at this very waterfall not long from when we were there.


Rotten bears.


I made a special trip from Michigan to see them and they had the nerve to not be there when I was there.


The waterfall was sure pretty, though. I guess I would come here if I were a bear.



2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, Cindi, as usual!

    Yes, I agree... there's too much of the cute factor in Colin for him to be scary. Don't tell him I said that.

    I've a link that will be a drop to appeal your bear-thirsty soul.
    http://cheshirelizzy.wordpress.com/2011/01/06/for-cindi/
    Just for you.

    You can see them in real life if you go to Bern, Switzerland.
    Of course, I guess you could go to the local zoo.

    Hey! You can see bears at Camp Barakel!

    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. colin needs more teeth to be scary!! at least one big snaggletooth to look dangerous

    ReplyDelete