Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Saline Fair

My parents took the kids and me to the Saline Fair.

What a face!
Colin looks so old here. I'm glad he is still young enough to want to ride the bees!



Victoria wants to ride the bee.
Sleeping or praying?
Mesmerized by all the action.

Grandpa Van Oel and Colin on the Scrambler.
Bovine
Sorry about the "angle". These stalls don't leave a lot of turning room.

Victoria liked the pigs until they started "oinking" at her. They were loud!
Chickens! This is a pretty one! We are hoping to keep some chickens in the near future.

Colin really wanted his picture taken by the llamas.
Shaun the Sheep. :)

Friendly!
The great mix-up.
Night lights.

4 comments:

  1. "me and the kids"--from a future author!! For shame :) Me and Tom (!!) are always getting after the kids for saying, "Me and so-and-so!!"

    Just thought I would give you some grief!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...my dear. "Parents" is the subject of the sentence. Therefore if you eliminated "the kids" from the sentence, it would read, "My parents took me...".

    "Me and Tom did this or that" would be incorrect because that is the subject. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, no, no...I'm fine with the 'me'--I don't like when people incorrectly say, "took the kids and I." Yes, you're right, it should be 'me,' not 'I.' BUT, I think it should be 'the kids and me.' Aren't we supposed to put others first????? I thought even in grammar, it was proper to always put yourself at the end: 'The boys and I did such and such' or 'They gave this to the boys and me'.

    I'm sure you meant for your blog to turn into a grammar tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right. It would have been better to put them first. I shall change it in your honor.

    But I ask you, which came first, the chicken or the egg? :)

    ReplyDelete