Monday, May 10, 2010

BabyYum

Okay, it's official. I have a baby piggy! Victoria loves to eat. I am happy about that, but keeping up with her is expensive! I never made baby food with Colin (though he ate a lot too). Somehow I had more coupons then. Anyway, I decided to start making some baby food, and I have to say it's kind of fun! I love to cook anyway, but the food I make is full of many things that are not so simple to give to a ten-month-old.

A few ice cube trays later, I have some frozen goods! I roasted zucchini with olive oil and pureed it with cannellini beans. I scooped it into the ice cube trays and froze them. Then, I just popped them out and stored it in a Ziploc bag. It was very easy.

What you see below is a delicious mash of carrots and parsnips with olive oil. Look at how much I got in comparison to two (stage two) Gerber foods. The Gerber cost about a dollar. Mine is a lot cheaper (and tastier). I can't wait to try more!!



1 comment:

  1. Well done, Cindi!
    I am rather surprised that you hadn't tried it before -- you being a gourmet cook. ;-)

    The dish looks great. It is a great way to get kids to develop the palate for all sorts of flavours. It's very encouraged to make your own baby food over here. I've known people to throw fish, chilis (I admit that I did this with Isaac) and all sorts of things in the baby food pot.

    Love you!
    Keep up the good pictures and posts, please.

    Beth

    PS: I can't believe Victoria is already ten months old.

    ReplyDelete