Saturday, April 24, 2010

What's For Dinner?

Everyone has those days. The morning has come and I had forgotten to pull out the frozen "protein" for my carefully planned menu that night (I abhor thawing meat in the microwave).
After my initial, "Cindi, you need a brain transplant!" I quickly fly to my hundreds of cookbooks. Recipe after recipe looks good, but I don't have a few essential items in each one. Finally, Rachael Ray helps me out again. I like her. Her meals take 30 minutes to make, there is no fake junk in it and I know it will taste great. Well, I had some beautiful thin asparagus sitting in my fridge. This was an opportunity for Jaw-Droppingly Delicious Asparagus and Penne!
And it was just that! Dinner saved again! Pasta, asparagus, freshly grated parmesan and lemon! There were a few other things, but was so tasty and simple we didn't even miss the proteins sitting rock-solid in my freezer!

It looks boring, but it was creamy deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment